Monday, March 31, 2008

Chocolate...

I'm not a big cook (yet), but I love to make things with chocolate. So I finally made a Petit Gateau recipe that worked. It's like a "lava cake" that Beto made for Steve in Brazil, and he loved it! I've tried it several times but you can't cook too long or too little. Here are some pictures of my perfect Petit Gateau...I was so proud I got it right that I took some pictures!!





Continuing with the chocolate...my mom and I got together before Easter and made some homemade chocolate eggs. I had brought the molds from Brazil and wanted to use them. That's how Easter eggs are in Brazil, and the kids hunt for these big chocolate eggs on Easter.

We made a chocolate egg, a marble egg, and my favorite: a chocolate, white chocolate and coconut filled egg. I also took a picture of them cause they were soooo good!!



Hope everyone had a Happy Easter. Can't believe we are 1/3 through the year 2008 already...t's going by sooo fast. Don't you think??

3 comments:

Ryan & Keri said...

Okay, so your Easter eggs put my plastic ones to shame! They look so good and same with your "lava cake". I'm going to have to get the recipe!!

b-ryce said...

mmmmmm those look good!

LA GUERA SALSERA said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with your culinary skills! I'm so glad you sent me your blog link! I haven't seen you in forever. I'm out in Utah still going to school. My family is no longer in Colorado but doing well. We're all scattered, some in Utah, my oldest brother is still in Denver, and my parents are in Ohio.