Thursday, September 4, 2008

Last post of the day...Mt Rushmore Trip!

For Labor Day weekend we stayed in Rapid City but drove up to Keystone, Custer, Deadwood, and other small towns around there. On the trip it went me, Steve, my mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law...enjoy the pics!





We also visited a Chuckwagon Supper & Show in the area...








In Deadwood, we took a bus tour around the town and visited Calamity Jane and Wild Bill's grave.



It was a long drive, 6:30 hrs each way, but thank goodness my parents have a DVD player in their car and we got to watch a few of movies each way.

It was a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ryan & Keri said...

What a fun trip! And I LOVE your mom's hair! I didn't know the actual mountain was so small. I thought it was like four mountains or something. But it looks really pretty. And how cool that you saw the stuff for Dances With Wolves. I love that movie! I love that your family always does things together--that's really fun!

Sarah and Nate said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! You are looking wonderful! Hope your pregnancy is going well!

WeAreTheRopers said...

Hey Gabby! It was so fun to see you yesterday and your ADORABLE house! Thank heavens for blog stalking! :)

Tasha said...

What a fun trip. Is that all you do is go on vacation? :D So Felipe went with ya? Does he still live in Brazil? You'll have to tell him I said hi. How's that baby doing?