Thursday, September 4, 2008

An overview of the Summer

Finally....my day off and nothing to do! So I've downloaded some recent pictures to the computer and will post an overview of this summer's events.

So many things happened this summer, and I must say it went by pretty fast! I can't believe I only have about 2.5 months left until little Alec comes to join the family. By the way, so far that's the name we have chosen for him. No middle name yet, but it will come to us....

We bought our first home in June, a small, old townhouse in Littleton, near Chatfield Reservoir. We spent weeks and many, many hours redoing many things in it and we are not done yet. Here are some pictures of the renovated place...I wish I had taken pictures before we painted and redid the bathroom because it was really ugly, and it made such a difference!


The downstairs (and me at 28 weeks)



Our dinning area



Downstairs from a different angle (you can see our small kitchen)


View from the front door



The kitchen is small and outdated, but we did put a new light fixture.


The entrance (and we have some rich neighbors across the fence)



The outside

The backyard...just kidding, our patio.


The view from upstairs

The baby's room...in progress

Our bedroom (and office)


The upstairs bathroom


Steve helped tile around the tub and put new floor tile


__________________________________________________________

Also this Summer we celebrated Steve's and my 24th birthday. We are getting up there!!!


At Rodizio Grill - a Brazilian restaurant downtown Denver where we celebrated Steve's b-day. (Steve's mom, dad and my sister-in-law Virginia)
Steve's mom didn't want to try any of the chicken hearts.....I love them!!!

(My mom, Steve and I)


My b-day!

________________________________________________________

For Labor Day weekend we decided to go visit Mt Rushmore in South Dakota, it was pretty fun! I'll post those pictures next time...it's taking too long!!

3 comments:

Ryan & Keri said...

Happy belated birthday, Gabi!! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your town house! The bathroom looks AMAZING, and I love all of the paint. It looks like you guys have done a great job decorating, and it looks so uncluttered and clean. Thanks for sending these.

SIMCOX FAMILY said...

Parabens atrasado!!!Seu blog e uma gracinha.Espero que vc esteja gostando da casa nova.
bjinho.

Sarah and Nate said...

Your town house looks great!!! Hopefully you guys have enjoyed doing all of your house projects...I know we have and we've learned a lot along the way!